Any website – whether basic or complex — needs at least some level of maintenance. This could include:
- redundancy and back-up/restorations planning
- server and software monitoring and upgrades
- cross-browser compatibility monitoring and upgrades
- performance monitoring
- content monitoring and updates
The size, complexity, relative importance, and business value of the website will determine for each website owner what maintenance and support plan is necessary and with what level of cost/benefit relationship he or she is comfortable.
“Support and Maintenance” is !
In the context of your website, “support and maintenance” embraces any activity, communication, and interaction by and between you and the Agency that is necessary to maintain a live website or web-based application and support your administrative users. “Support” includes (but isn’t limited to) phone calls, email communications, research, and any efforts by the Agency to meet the your ongoing needs. Finally, “support” applies to requests you make that pertain to overall health and stability of your website or web-based application.
Why is support needed?
For basic websites – static HTML websites – support will most often mean assistance in changing copy and images on the site. This basic need for content maintenance and updates is driven by the site administrator. However, if a website owner is not skilled in HTML and CSS (that is, hypertext mark-up language and cascading style sheets), then support from an HTML professional will be needed for any updates or modifications.
General scope of support and maintenance services
Consulting and administrative support We are available to respond to your requests for:
- General information, training, and support as it directly relates to the administrative management of a website or web-based application we develop for you.
- General information, training and support as it relates to hosting and server configuration, access, and settings for a website or web-based application we develop for you.
- Technical consulting as it directly relates to the administrative management or enhancement of a website or web-based application we develop for you. <li "> Third-party liaison as it directly relates to the administrative management of a website or web-based application we develop for you.
In general, the precise guaranteed response time depends on the particular package you purchase.
Most of the support covers our availability to add, remove, or otherwise modify content on your site or web-based application, including adding/replacing images, copy, files, or links; modifying navigational elements, CSS elements, or URLs; and adding/editing metadata.